Advancing the CISO Profession: Introducing DPI’s Advisory Board of Experts
For the development of its CISO track, Data Protection Institute is proud to announce that it can count on the support of an Advisory Board that consists of highly qualified and talented individuals, who are all active in the field of cybersecurity.
The Advisory Board was established in September 2022, recognizing the need for the CISO training program to keep pace with current organizational and societal developments.
DPI is privileged to be able to count on such an impressive set of skills and experience that will help us push the training track of the Chief Information Security Officer to a higher level. To paraphrase Isaac Newton: “if we can see a little further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants”.
The different backgrounds of our Advisory Board members, highly qualified CISOs or Security Directors themselves, and their contribution to the contents of the course will accelerate the spread of CISO knowledge, soft skills, and its benefits for all interested parties wishing to take a deep dive in the world of cybersecurity.
Introduction of our Advisory Board members (link to LinkedIn page in their name):
- Peter Debasse is Group Information Security Officer at KBC Bank & Insurance, with several years of experience in information and ICT security.
- Peter Geelen is a self-employed consultant with several irons in the clients’ fire regarding enterprise security, identity & access management, information protection, privacy, security policies and training.
- Karine Goris is Chief Security Officer at Belfius and has many years of experience in information security.
- Tim Groenwals recently joined Tata Consultancy Services as lead of the cybersecurity advisory practice. He has major experience as a CISO, in IT strategy, network and enterprise architecture.
- Olaf Jonkers is CISO at itsmeDigitalID, with a varied experience in different organizations regarding ICT security, governance and risk management.
- Marc Vael is Platform CISO packaging & color management at Danaher and Global CISO at Esko and has been passionate about cybersecurity and data protection for 30 years.
- Stefaan Vandaele is Executive Security Architect in the IBM Security Elite Team, with a focus on innovative cybersecurity and zero trust solutions, the result of an extensive journey in IT.
- Mark van Tiggel is Director Security & Cyber Resilience and has the CISO role at Telenet. He has a background in IT management and is skilled in the domains of erp, cybersecurity, identity & access governance, and digital workplace.
Get updates on this training?
Would you like to be kept up to date on CISO trainings?
Modules planned in the coming months
8 february until 9 february 2023
6 march until 7 march 2023
23 march until 24 march 2023
24 april until 25 april 2023
8 may until 9 may 2023
12 june until 13 june 2023
20 september until 21 september 2023
26 september until 27 september 2023
17 october until 18 october 2023
24 october until 25 october 2023
21 november until 22 november 2023
29 november until 30 november 2023
8 february until 9 february 2024
19 february until 20 february 2024
21 march until 22 march 2024
22 april until 23 april 2024
13 may until 14 may 2024
10 june until 11 june 2024
19 september until 20 september 2024
25 september until 26 september 2024
15 october until 16 october 2024
23 october until 24 october 2024
25 november until 26 november 2024
4 december until 5 december 2024