ATTENTION: Parking is no longer allowed on the square in front of the hotel (Rode Kruisplein)!
Visitors to the hotel are therefore referred to the public (paying!) parking lot Parking Keerdok (Indigo) nearby:
- Getting there:
- Parking Keerdok is accessible from the N16 via a direct exit lane.
- Address Parking Keerdok: Antonia Wolversstraat 1, 2800 Mechelen.
- Note: not all GSP systems are up to date yet.
- In addition to 516 parking spaces, there are also 20 charging points (22kW) and 4 fast charging points (200kW).
- For more information, click here.
From Mechelen train station, it takes approximately 30 minutes to walk to Van der Valk Mechelen. The walking route from the bus stop to Van der Valk Mechelen is marked in green on the map.
- Walk to the north and take the pedestrian tunnel
- Turn right onto the Frans Halsvest
- Turn left onto Hof van Habsburg/Liersesteenweg/the N14
- Turn right onto Edgard Tinellaan/the R12
- Turn left onto Guido Gezellelaan/Oscar van Kesbeeckstraat/the N1
- Turn right onto Guido Gezellelaan/the R12
- Turn left to stay on Guido Gezellelaan/the R12
- Turn right onto the Rode-Kruisplein
Van der Valk Hotel Mechelen is easy to reach by bus. There is the bus stop ‘Rode Kruisplein’ directly opposite the hotel and bus stop ‘Nokerstraat’ just a 5-minute walk away. Bus lines 9 and 500 run between the hotel and Mechelen train station. More information regarding routes and timetables can be found on the website of De Lijn.
Blue-bikes are available at the station. More information here.
Cabs are always waiting at the exit of Mechelen station to take you to the hotel. This is about €30 – €35 for a ride.