As a new CISO, you are tasked with the critical responsibility of ensuring the security and governance of your organization. This role requires a delicate balance of different elements, making it crucial to have a comprehensive understanding of the main areas of focus.
Our 14-day CISO program is designed to guide you through these important topics and equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this role.
In the introductory module on Security Governance and Compliance, you will learn five essential tips for new CISOs, including:
- Adopting a Security Framework: One of the first steps in guiding your organization’s security efforts is to adopt a well-established security framework. In Belgium, the international standard ISO27001 is a popular choice, however, alternatives such as NIST, NIST CSF (Cyber Security Framework), or CIS Controls are also available to consider. The key is to choose a framework that aligns with your organization’s specific needs and to conduct regular assessments to evaluate its security maturity. These assessments will help you create a roadmap outlining your security progress and budget expenditures, demonstrating their effectiveness to management.
- Educating Executives and Stakeholders: As a CISO, it’s your responsibility to educate executives and relevant stakeholders on the importance of embedding security into the core of your business operations. Security should not be seen as a burden but rather as an essential aspect of conducting safe business. By highlighting the need for security to be a regular boardroom conversation topic and convincing relevant stakeholders of its importance, you will make your job much easier and ensure the organization’s commitment to security.
- Managing Risk: It’s important to understand that absolute security is impossible, but by reducing risks and responding quickly and effectively to incidents, you can minimize the impact. As a CISO, it’s crucial to have a comprehensive risk management plan in place, which includes regular security assessments and incident response procedures.
- Providing Employee Training: To successfully fight basic cyber attacks, such as phishing and malicious links, the workforce also requires extensive training. Executive management must be aware of and strictly enforce the new security requirements, in addition to technical measures. By providing employees with the necessary training and resources, you can ensure the organization is protected from potential harm.
- Encouraging Management Support: The success of any security improvement initiative depends on the support and leadership of executive management. By leading by example and demonstrating the importance of security, you can ensure the organization’s commitment to security and its continued success.
In conclusion, our 14-day CISO program is designed to provide new CISOs with a comprehensive understanding of the essential skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this critical role. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your skills and ensure the security of your organization.
Want to know more? Download our full CISO information brochure: CISO Brochure download.
Get updates on this training?
Would you like to be kept up to date on CISO trainings?